Leonard Arthur Hacking was born on 20 Jan 1875, in the town of Blackburn, Lancashire, England. Around the time of his birth, Blackburn was known as the "weaving capital of the world" due to its many cotton mills in existence. Leonard's parents were John Hacking, a bookeeper in the washing machine business and traveling salesmen for home furniture, and Miriam Blacklidge.
Leonard grew up with this family in the Municipal ward of Saint Peter, and Ecclesiastical district of Saint Luke; Blackburn, Lancashire, England.
|St. Luke's Church, Blackburn, Lancashire|
|(Click to Enlarge)|
|(Leonard Arthur Hacking's World War I Draft Reg. Card)|
- John Slater Hacking (29 Oct 1898)
- Lillian Hacking (01 Oct 1901)
- Ida Louise Hacking (abt 1905)
- Leonard Arthur Hacking (29 Aug 1908)
- George E. Hacking (04 Oct 1910)
- Harvey Hacking (10 Nov 1914)